BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sep 20, 2009

Stealing Bradford (Book 2 of The Cater House Girls Series) by Melody Carlson


Summary:
The Carter House girls are just getting to know one another when the subject of boys comes up. Rhiannon is Dating Bradford, a fellow Christian, and the most popular jock in school; Eliza's seeing Harry; and DJ was dating Conner although now he acts as if he doesn't like her.

Boy's aren't always easy to understand but many girls in the house want a boyfriend- and will do just about anything to get one. So when Taylor Decides to put the moves on Bradford, Rhiannon is shocked and hurt. Mistakes are being made and feelings battered... there is forgiveness for some and bitterness for others... but at the end of the day, the girls learn a valuable lesson about what it means to be a family.

My Rating For This Book:
9.0

My Reason For This Rating:
Just like the first book in this series, Stealing Bradford is a book that you can really relate to.  You also can't put it down. I feel like DJ a lot in this book because I am really sporty and i always want to look cute, but I don't want to look like those girls who trying too hard to impress a guy by overdoing everything.  I also know what it's like to have a guy who you thought liked you not like you anymore. I have never had a boyfriend, but I have really liked a guy and have had them like me back. I have total sympathy for DJ. She has to go through a lot to try to understand Conner and what will become of their relationship.

I can connect with Rhiannon in this book because I have really liked someone and I have had my best friend steal him, and even though Rhiannon and Taylor are not best  friends, she still hurts because she thinks that they are somewhat friends. Poor Rhiannon, the girl who tries to love everyone and live a Christ-like life, gets hurt.

I love all of the characters in this book, even though the Grandma, Taylor and Eliza are way too much sometimes. I couldn't imagine this book any other way because everything just works out so well. This book a long with the rest of the books are one of the best Young Adults series ever written.
(In my opinion anyways! lol)

0 comments: