BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sep 22, 2009

Austenland by Shannon Hale

Summary:
Jane is a young New York woman who can never seem to find the right man- perhaps because of her secret obsession with Mr.Darcy, as played by Colin Firth in the BBC adaption of Pride And Prejudice. But when a wealthy relative bequeaths to her a trip to an English resort catering to Austen-obsessed women, Jane's fantasies of meeting the perfect Regency-era gentleman suddenly become more real then she ever could have imagined. Is this total immersion in a fake Austenland enough to make Jane kick the obsession for good, or could all her dreams actually culminate in a Mr. Darcy of her own?
In this addictive, charming, and compassionate story, Shannon Hale brings out the Jane Austen obsessive in all of us.

My Rating For This Book: 
10.0

My Reason for This Rating:
I think that this is honestly one o the best books that I have ever read. I think that Shannon Hale really was able to put modern times and the Regency/Jane Austin- era together in such a brilliant way! I have always loved Pride and Prejudice, but this book can make me really appreciate everything Jane Austin wrote. 9Secretly, I have always thought it would be amazing to have my own Mr.Darcy as well, but trust me when I tell you that I am not a obsessed girl that has no life but to dream of Mr.Darcy. lol. Did I word that right??)

I love Mr.Nobley in this book, he is perfect for the role of Mr.Darcy, and he has his own way of doing things. He is so smart-alec-ish and witty and loving when he really loves someone. Too bad he isn't real and I'm not old enough because I would totally marry him. :)

Miss Charming, is definitely  a character. She is funny is a dork-ish way. She tries to hard to get the men and she does such funny things when she gets poutty and doesn't get her way.

Theodore/ Martin Jasper is cool at first and I was happy about him and Jane, then once I started to get more information and as the book went on. man, I can't stand him. He is manipulative creep who has no real life. lol.

I hope that I haven't let on too much. Just trying to give you a heads up. But trust me. You will fall in love with this book like Elizabeth Bennett and Mr.Darcy fall in love with each other. :)



0 comments: