BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Oct 10, 2009

Be Mine by Sabrina James


     Jennifer couldn't believe how smug Claudia was being. What made her think she was going to win? There were lots of other couples at North Ridge High. Maybe one of them would be voted Most Romantic. There was no guarantee that Claudia and Chase were going to win. If they made the final cut, they were going to be stiff competition. But that didn't mean they were the most romantic. And it didn't mean they deserved to win!

      Listening to Claudia go on and on, Jennifer wanted nothing more than to knock her down a few pegs. She couldn't stand listening to her anymore! Claudia was so sure she and Chase were going to win.

      Before Jennifer could stop herself, the words came tumbling out of her mouth.
"I wouldn't be too sure about winning," she said.
__________________________________________________________________________________

My rating for this book:
8.7

My Reason for This Rating:
This is a really good book for girls who absolutely adore reading romances about teens in love. I loved reading this book. It was the second time I have read this book. One of the things that I loved reading about this book was that Jennifer is a normal teenage girls who can't stand the so-called "popular" group. She can't keep her  mouth shut, or think before she speaks. I can also relate to her because of this. Sometimes I can't keep my mouth shut either (but luckily its just the truth about what I think in a blunt way).

Another girl  that I can relate to in this book is Jennifer's friend, Violet. Violet is a kind of laid back girl who is smart and has a great personality. This book would not be very complete without Violet because she is the person who tries to keep Jennifer to think before she acts and does something, well, stupid.

I love how the author, Sabrina James, writes about Will in the story, because he really is the perfect guy for the Most Romantic Contest! He is so nice, and he is really funny. When ever Claudia is being rude to them by making snide remarks or does something mean, He has somehting up his sleeve to get back at her. If I ever have a boyfriend, I would want him to be like Will. :)

This really was a great book, and when you have a chance you should pick it up at the library, or a bookstore. (I got mine around Valentines Day this year at Barnes and Noble.) There is also a book that is called Secret Santa that is written by Sabrina James. So in otherwards this books could be considered a sequel. :) Make sure to check that book out this December!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Love your review missie!!
Guess what???
I HAVE Secret Santa by the same author! I LOVE it!! I gotta read this book now! Sounds great:)
Oh! And I LOVE your layout
and your music :D
-Your Awesome Blogger Buddy
Liz :P

Missie =] said...

haha thanx liz! i want to read the first one so bad! lol maybe i could borrow it from you sometime! :)
missie :)